Fun floral prints, pops of color and luxury materials are all making appearances in footwear, accessories and ready-to-wear items. Fashion lovers will have the freedom to update their wardrobe by selecting a few key pieces -- without feeling the need to overhaul their entire closets
Nichole Duck, buyer for shoe retailer Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse, is sharing her list of top essentials to update outfits, ensuring they are on-trend and ready cooler weather.
• Ultra-Feminine Blouses: Women’s blouses containing classic feminine touches are fresh, fun and flirty, with updated features such as oversized ruffles, bell sleeves and pretty one-shouldered styles.
Try an off-the-shoulder top with a favorite pair of frayed vintage jeans and neutral over-the-knee boots. Sky-high boots are on-trend in a big way.
• Navy as a Neutral: While shades of black and tan are still a much-needed staple in every woman’s closet, other popular colors are boldly challenging the traditional neutral color palette.
Brown and navy have always been a popular color combination. To add some warmth on cool days, consider a pair of camel colored boots with a slim profile to accentuate a navy pencil skirt or shirt dress.
• Versatile Prints and Embellishments: A fresh flower arrangement may not first come to mind this time of year. However, today’s apparel offerings are virtually overflowing with pretty floral patterns and designs.
Other embellishments, such as lace, embroidery and iridescent accents that sparkle and shine, even during daytime, will be evident in finishing details to enhance any outfit for a variety of occasions. Try a pair of perforated cut out booties with a stacked heel to complete the look.
• Velvet Crush: Designs cut from this rich fabric will be seen in a variety of gorgeous jewel tones. The decadent material can be infused with other popular items, like pleated gold skirts, sheer materials and such footwear as a pair of effortlessly chic mules with a hint of sparkle.
• Booties’ Big Moment: While more casual-inspired footwear is definitely still on trend, Duck says it’s time to make room in the closet for more booties, especially as they feature an endless variety in features. Think lace-up detail or perforated patterns – heel heights and toe shape.
For more stylish ideas, visit offbroadwayshoes.com. They have styles to accommodate a range of fashionistas -- from top designers and name brands.
No matter which trends fit your personal style, you can make fashion simple by updating your entire wardrobe with just a few new pieces for the season.